- For I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy, Chennai: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB. Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block III, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled :
- (i) For admission to IMA on or before 1st July, 2022, Indian Naval Academy on or before 1st July, 2022 and Air Force Academy on or before 13th May, 2022.
- (ii) For admission to Officers' Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st October, 2022. Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
The selection process is based on the Written Examination and Interview for intelligence and personality test.
1. The Competitive examination comprises: (a) Written examination as shown in para 2 below.
(b) Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
2. The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:—
Subject : English , General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics
Duration:2 Hours, Maximum Marks 100.
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
Subject : English , General Knowledge
Duration:2 Hours, Maximum Marks 100.
The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
3. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
4. In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
5. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Salient Features of the system to Online Applications Form are given here under:
1. Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
2. Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application form containing two stages viz. Part I and Part II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menu.
3. The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred only) [except SC/ST candidates and those specified in Note-2 of Point 4 (Fee) of the Notice who are exempted from payment of fee] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa/Master/ Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
4. Before start filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB in size for the photograph and signature
- Lieutenant : Level 10 – 56,100 -1,77,500
- Captain : Level 10 B – 61,300- 1,93,900
- Major : Level 11 – 69,400 – 2,07,200
- Lieutenant Colonel : Level 12A – 1,21,200 – 2,12,400
- Colonel : Level 13 – 1,30,600-2, 15,900
- Brigadier : Level 13A – 1,39,600-2,17,600
- Major General : Level 14 – 1,44,200-2,18,200
- Lieutenant General HAG Scale : Level 15 – 1, 82, 200-2,24,100
- HAG+Scale : Level 16 – 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
- VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG) : Level 17 – 2,25,000/-(fixed)
- COAS Level : 18 – 2,50,000/-(fixed)
- Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier – Rs 15.500 p.m. fixed