1.Selection shall be on the basis of performance of the candidates on the basis of marks obtained by them in the Written Test (of two hours duration) and meeting the notified eligibility criteria. Page 6 of 8
2. In case of tie (two or more) of marks in the written test, the date of birth (senior by age) shall be the factor to be considered (in that order only) to place a candidate’s rank in the merit list.
3. Call letters for Written Test will be issued to all prima-facie eligible candidates, on the basis of details furnished in On-line Application.
4. For candidates applying for Apprenticeship at Guwahati Refinery, Barauni Refinery, Gujarat Refinery, Digboi Refinery and Bongaigaon Refinery, Written Test will be conducted at the location of respective Refinery Unit. For candidates applying for Apprenticeship at Haldia Refinery, Mathura Refinery, Panipat Refinery & Petrochemical Complex (PRPC) and Paradip Refinery, Written Test will be conducted at Kolkata; Delhi; Panipat/Delhi and Bhubaneswar respectively. Exact venue details will be communicated in the Admit Card.
5. Written Test will be conducted with Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) consisting of four options with one correct option.
6. A candidate will have to secure minimum 40% marks in Written Test for qualifying the selection process. The minimum qualifying marks shall be 35% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD categories against reserved positions. Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted for Document verification or the final selection, as the same is based on candidate’s rank in the merit list on the basis of marks obtained in the Written Test, number of seats in respective Trades/Disciplines, candidates meeting the notified eligibility criteria and documents found in order upon verification etc
. 7. Candidates belonging to PwBD categories, who have availed of concession in eligibility qualification marks or in Written Test qualifying marks, will be considered against reserved seats, irrespective of their position in select list (in order of merit within the category).
8. Filling up of the seats is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement, if some of these seats are not filled due to unsuitability/insufficient number of candidates.