- Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply.
- SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC). Graduation in any Discipline. SSCW (Tech). B.E./ B. Tech in any Engineering stream.
- Nationality. A candidate must either be :- (i) a citizen of India, or (ii) a subject of Nepal, or (iii) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, will attach such certificate alongwith the application.
- Lieutenant – Level 10: 56,100 – 1,77,500
- Captain – Level 10B: 61,300-1,93,900
- Major – Level 11: 69,400-2,07,200
- Lieutenant Colonel – Level 12A: 1,21,200-2,12,400
- Colonel – Level 13: 1,30,600-2,15,900
- Brigadier – Level 13A: 1,39,600-2,17,600
- Major General – Level 14: 1,44,200-2,18,200
- Lieutenant General HAG Scale – Level 15: 1,82,200-2,24,100
- Lieutenant General HAG +Scale – Level 16: 2,05,400-2,24,400
- VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG) – Level 17: 2,25,000/-(fixed)
- COAS – Level 18: 2,50,000/-(fixed)
- MSP to the Officers from the rank of Lt to Brig – Rs.15,500/- p.m (fixed)
- Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academy i.e. during training period at OTA. – Rs.56,100/-p.m
(a) Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream without assigning any reason. The cut off will be applied in each stream on the cumulative percentage of marks obtained by the candidates upto the final semester/year. Final semester/year studying candidates will be provisionally allowed to appear in SSB; subject to following conditions:- (i) Their cumulative percentage of marks upto 6th semester/3rd year of Engg degree, upto 8th semester/4th year of B. Architecture (B.Arch) and upto 2nd semester/1st year of M.Sc in notified equivalent stream/ discipline is not below the approved cut off percentage in their respective streams. (ii) After declaration of final results, the cumulative percentage of marks upto final semester/ year of degree course will also be not less than the approved cut off percentage, failing which the candidature will be cancelled.
(b) Centre Allotment. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to login to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres. The option to select the dates for SSB by candidates may be forfeited due to occurrence of any exceptional circumstance/events.
(c) Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cut off percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes will be entertained in this regard.