- Firstly, Full-Time Bachelor of Engineering Degree or equivalent Degree* from a University duly recognized by Central Government or a State Government with a minimum 60% marks in respect of General category/ other category candidates and 55% marksin respect of SC category candidates of Haryana domicile, in any one ofthe following disciplines: i) Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Secondly, Full-time Master of Engineering Degree or equivalent Degree from a University duly recognized by Central Government or a State Government with a minimum 60% marksin respect of General category/other category candidates and 55% marksin respect of SC category candidates of Haryana domicile, in the Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering disciplines, in case of candidate having full time Bachelor of Engineering Degree or equivalent Degree in Electrical/Electrical & Electronics Engineering with marks less than 60% for General/Other candidates & lessthan 55% for SC category candidates of Haryana domicile.
- Lastly, Must have passed Hindi/Sanskrit upto matric standard orin Higher Education
To begin with, The scheme of marks in respect of selection to Assistant Engineer post shall
comprise of a total of 100 marks, which is detailed below:-
1. Additionally, Weightage of GATE Exam: 80 marks[The normalized GATE Marks(out of 100) would be converted/scaled out of 80 Marks by multiplying with 0.8]
2. Moreover, Socio-economic criteria and Experience: 20 marks
In Conclusion, The selection process consists of marks obtained (80% normalized marks out of 100) 80 marks in the corresponding paper of GATE-2021, and 20 marks of Socio-economic criteria and Experience. Consequently, No interview will be carried out for the posts being advertised by HPUs. Appointments will be made on the basis of the GATE-2021 result and Socio-Economic criteria and experience. GATE result of 2020 or prior will not be valid.